The Technology Forge conducts research and development in primarily GIS-related applications. Links to Technology Forge publications, presentations, tools, and work-in-process are provided below. For more information about The Technology Forge, please contact:
Mark Polczynski, PhD
· A Microsoft Excel application for automatically building historical geography GIS maps, Transactions in GIS, 17:1, 148-157, 2014.
· Using the k-means clustering algorithm to classify features for choropleth maps, Cartographica, 49:1, 69-75, 2014.
· A Microsoft VBA application for generating GIS heat maps, Transactions in GIS, 18:5, 783-791, 2014.
· Knowledge Discovery and Analysis in Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, 22: 3, 169-181, 2010.
· Using K-Means Clustering to Analyze a “Big Data” Archaeological Artifact Database, European Association of Archaeologists, 20th Annual Meeting, Sept 10-14, 2014, Istanbul.
· Application of Technology to Historical Research, European Association of Archaeologists, 20th Annual Meeting, Sept 10-14, 2014, Istanbul.
· The Ottoman Inscription Archive: A cloud-based on-line real-time on-site crowd-sourced digital geodatabase of Ottoman dedication inscriptions.
· The Civilian Tree Patrol: A cloud-based on-line real-time on-site crowd-sourced digital geodatabase for capturing electrical power outage events.
· OWTRAD2KML: A Microsoft Excel VBA application for converting OWTRAD.csv files to a .kml file for display by mapping systems such as Google Earth.
· FeatureMapper: A Microsoft Excel VBA application for generating simple geographic maps suitable for inclusion in text documents.