This site provides a portal to research activities being conducted in a variety of areas. Here is the work currently available.
Note: When accessing .ppt and .zip files, choose “Save File”, and then “Read Only” to open the .ppt presentations.
Global Information Systems (GIS):
· A Microsoft Excel application for automatically building historical geography GIS maps - Transactions in GIS, 17:1, 148-157.
· Using the k-means clustering algorithm to classify features for choropleth maps - accepted for publication by Cartographica
· A Microsoft VBA application for generating GIS heat maps – Under review by Transactions in GIS
System Modeling and Simulation:
· Using Agent Based Modeling to Simulate 17th Century Tatar Slave Raids (work in process)
· NetLogo Agent Based Modeling Tutorials (work in process)
Knowledge Discovery and Analysis in Manufacturing:
· Knowledge Discovery and Analysis in Manufacturing - Quality Engineering, 22: 3, 169 — 181, 2010
· Power Outage Storm Location Generator (Excel application)
For more information about The Technology Forge, please contact:
Mark Polczynski, PhD